Monday, January 3, 2011

January 2011 Goals

Breaking down big goals into smaller, manageable pieces is definitely an important step in actually accomplishing those goals. For instance, attempting to read 101 books is rather intimidating. So is attempting to tackle 101 new recipes. But breaking those goals down takes them from the realm of the ideal and makes them real.

The blogs Never Niche and Balance and Blueberries have a system that seems to work well. At the beginning of each month, they list their monthly goals. Then, at the end of the month, the bloggers list the goals that were actually accomplished, examine the goals that they failed to achieve, and create a new list of goals for the next month.

So in the spirit of the New Year, I'm going to see if this system helps me more effectively accomplish my goals. Here are some of my goals for January 2011.
  • Tackle 4 new recipes
  • Finish the three books I'm currently reading as well as another one.
  • Wake up earlier.
  • Make 10 cards.
  • Write 13 blog posts during the month of January.
Here goes January...
    _________________________

    Blessings I am grateful for today....

    30. Organization
    44. My sister's Christmas gift to me...Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass
    56. Slow, peaceful afternoons
    57. Snow falling slowly and silently from the sky
    58. The sound of a guitar's soft strumming drifting from the music room



      2 comments:

      Anonymous said...

      I love your idea to break big goals down into monthly goals! I love to make a list of goals in January, and though I am usually able to accomplish some of them, I'm sure I could accomplish many more if I broke them down into smaller monthly goals. Thanks for writing! :)

      http://emilievinson.blogspot.com/

      Emily said...

      I hope the idea is helpful...Thanks for visiting!