Monday, January 31, 2011

February 2011 Goals

It's difficult to believe that today is the last day of January. January was a good month, albeit a crazy one. In the space of just a few weeks, I packed my room, moved across the country, unpacked my room, and dove headfirst out of the life of a leisurely-but-stressed-out-grad-student-still-living-at-home into the life of a working-45-hours-per-week-and-attempting-to-be-a-real-adult-er.

Now, more than ever, I'm trying to navigate the territory between the realistic and the ideal, the esoteric and the practical, the rush of every day's commute and the desire for time and space and beauty.

I'm navigating this new journey with a mixture of terror and excitement. I didn't realize how much my goals for January would become a reminder to not just survive but to live this new stage to its fullest, deepest, richest measure.

And here's how the goals for this month went down:

  • I  tackled 5 new recipes. Goal accomplished!
  • The reading goals weren't as successful. I started reading Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell, Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, and Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell without finishing any of the other books I'm currently reading. Well, I finished Father Fiction. But that wasn't much of a dent. Really, this just reflects my larger problem of starting projects that I then forget to finish.
  • I did begin a routine of waking up earlier and the benefits have been many.
  • I did not make any cards. However, I remembered to write two thank-you notes and a birthday card, which I think should count for something.
  • January's blog posts number 14. Success!
So Febuary's goals are:

  • Make 5 new recipes
  • Make 5 cards
  • Finish 3 of the books I'm currently reading
  • Create a list of things to accomplish while I'm living in the area and then accomplish 3 of them (more on this later)
  • Write 15 blog posts
Ready, set, go! What are your goals for the month ahead?

No comments: