Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Linkage

I hope your week was splendid! I know mine was. Here's some links to enjoy this weekend.

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the rush and forget our dreams. It takes courage to stand for the dreams that matter to us. Michael Hyatt's "6 Steps to More Courage" is a helpful reminder.

Along the same lines, Leadership Freak provided some tips on prioritizing in order to make the most of one's time.


Meanwhile, John Maxwell talks about how to examine the driving force behind our actions.

Perhaps my favorite find of the week was"How Jane Austen Taught Me to be a Man" by William Deresiewicz in the Wall Street Journal. If you don't have a subscription, it's worth signing up for the two-week trial subscription just to read it. Deresiewicz perfectly pegs one of Austen's greatest lessons when he writes, "You don't have to be certain, I discovered, to be strong. And you don't have to dominate people to earn their respect."

Although the article is aimed at a male audience, I can fully relate to many of the author's points. My favorite line of the article occurs when Deresiewicz writes, " I wasn't just aggressively sure of myself. I was also oblivious to the feelings of the people around me, a bulldozer stuck in overdrive."

My sister shared Pinecone Camp with me a few days ago...I look forward to browsing through her lovely photos and archived posts!

What did you read this week?

No comments: