Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Review: Barre 3 - Georgetown

I am not normally easily won over by gyms, studios, or anything remotely related to working out in a public setting. Why would I work out in the light of day under the scrutiny of total strangers when I could work out under cover of darkness in the complete seclusion of my own living room?

But when I heard about Barre3 from a co-worker, I was curious. A studio that combined yoga, pilates, and ballet? Maybe this was worth trying. So one Saturday morning I proceeded to Georgetown.

  • Location  - Beautiful. Located in the center of Georgetown, the studio was clean, comfortable, and tastefully designed with a lot of rock and wood elements and a fireplace. 
  • Parking - As promised, it was available in plenty. During a busier time of day than 10:00 on Saturday morning, parking under the bridge is probably the best option.
  • Pricing - This seems very reasonable. My favorite part about Barre 3 - Georgetown's pricing plans? The option to purchase a few classes at a time and then use them at my leisure. This allows me to buy classes at a discounted rate, but without having to commit to a regular membership.
  • Staff - Lovely. All of them were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. As far as I can tell, each instructor designs her own class, so one might emphasize yoga while another might incorporate more ballet. Even if the first one doesn't quite suit your taste, it's probably worth your while to try a few and see if you enjoy the classes of one instructor in particular. I love the ballet aspect and highly recommend Sarah Milligan. 
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Barre3 - Georgetown and will definitely be returning soon.

*Please note that this is not a paid review.

No comments: