Monday, June 11, 2012

June's Goals

All sorts of planned things did not happen in May. But all sorts of wonderful things beyond the reach of goals also occurred.

  • I did have a friend and her sweet baby over for dinner. Check.
  • 15 posts? No. But I did blog regularly, which is, I suppose, the point.
  • I completed C.S. Lewis' The Abolition of Man and Jon Acuff's Quitter
  • I practiced...more. Still not enough. The journey continues.
  • I sent some thank-yous and listed some  gifts.

I also enjoyed: 
  • a fabulous visit from the sister and cousin which involved a lot of much-needed girl-time.
  • a memorable trek out to Colorado.
  • our house's annual barbecue, attended this year by over a hundred people.
Yes, despite clumsily achieved goals, May was a glorious month. I can't wait to see what the summer holds.

Goals for June:
  • Try a few new recipes.
  • Write 15 blog posts.
  • My next class is looming near. I'd like to jump-start some of the assigned reading.
  • Complete Jane Austen's Sandition, William Deresiewicz's A Jane Austen Education, and Emily Freeman's Grace for the Good Girl. I also plan to attempt anew Victor Hugo's Les Miserables
  • Get into some kind of regular practice routine.

No comments: