Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Facebook Adventure, Part I

Last week I did the unthinkable. I deactivated my Facebook account. It wasn't a permanent step. It was a personal experiment. I turned off my Facebook for a few days for several reasons:
  • I was finding myself more and more pressed for time.
  • I suspected I was probably spending more time on Facebook than I wanted to admit, even to myself.
  • I wanted to see how much I "missed" by being absent from Facebook.
  • I wanted to find out if Facebook was making my life richer or if it was simply a drain.
  • I needed to know whether my writing was better without Facebook.
This blog is about pursuing rich living in the midst of the everyday clamor. Living well requires constant reassessment of one's goals, priorities, and use of time. Turning off my Facebook account for a few days was a step in that direction. 
I learned some unexpected lessons from my brief Facebook reprieve. I'm excited to share them with you tomorrow!*

*Subscribe by typing your e-mail into the box on the right if you'd like to receive an alert when new posts are published.

No comments: